Monday, October 22, 2012

Sew Grateful

I started sewing and making my own clothes when I was 12, continued on making clothes for my children.  I even made bridesmaid dresses for weddings.  Now my husband calls my mending basket the "place of no return" because I can hardly bring myself to use the sewing machine.  But I do make doll clothes every once in a while (usually around Christmas) for my granddaughters' American Girl dolls.  And I actually stitch on cards every once in a great while. For this card, I decided to not only do some stitching but to use a piece of material on the bottom half of the card to go along with the digital image (all paper pieced).

The main image is by Pattie's Creation and the sentiment is Clear Dollar Stamps.

Sketch is CPS #78

Challenges:
Party Time Tuesday - colors
CPS - choose sketch
Your Next Stamp - anything
Chocolate, Coffee, Cards - stitching



6 comments:

  1. Pretty card!!!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! Awesome paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love that you used the colors for a non-Halloween project! Very nicely done. :) Thanks for playing at PTT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny... my Mom still has pattern pieces pinned to material for a dress for me when I was LITTLE... I'm 43.... yea, no return I TOTALLY get!!!! hahahaha

    SUPER Fun to add some material to your sewing inspired card!!! Beautiful job and Thanks for playing along with us over at Your Next Stamp!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching adds so much - another good one :>) Thanks for linking up at YNS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great card, thanks again for playing along at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete