Monday, December 17, 2012

Snow Globe Wanna Be

This is as close to a snow globe as I am going to get this year - a shaker card.  Someday I am going to try to make a snow globe card.  I have seen such cute ones.  This is only the second shaker I have ever made.  Stamp TV had a challenge to make one so I tried my hand at it.   It was a fun challenge and I was actually in the mood to play with it.
It was difficult to get a good photo showing the snow which is Mainstay Crystal Glitter.  Lots of cloudy, rainy weather here, so the lighting was not conducive to a good shot.


Can you see the "snow" in the window?  I put a tiny bit of glue on the branch so the snow would always stay there but you just can't see it in this photo.
I used GKD set, Winter Foliage.  Designer paper is an old piece from my stash.  Love the muted colors.
Base is Kraft and the green frame is Stampin Up Artichoke.

Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday - Christmastime
Stamp and Create - sparkly Christmas
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything
DYSU - Christmas
Raise the Bar - snow
Simon Says - fav tool - Cuttlebug
Wags n Whiskers - anything
Ribbon Carousel - holidays

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous love the shaker
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    i wish you a merry christmas
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shaker card, love the pine cone image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute Christmas card. I love the way the pine cone is in the shaker.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sundays.
    Happy Christmas
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous shaker card Marsha, I love your papers and your image is beautiful - wonderfully coloured.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design of this card and that beautiful image.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!! I love shaker cards but haven't had the courage to attempt one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous :) This is lovely. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card!
    Thank you for joining us at RRR!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely winter card! Thank you for joining us this month at the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Wags 'n Whiskers DT

    ReplyDelete