Sunday, January 13, 2013

Two Variations of the Same Card

Hi, friends.  Just a quick post.  I never "mass produce" my cards.  In fact, I seldom make the same card twice.  But this year I am going to try to make more cards than last year.  For me, the most time in making a card is figuring out a layout or elements that work together.  So today while making a thank you card for one of my heros, I stamped the image twice - once in black, once in blue.  Keeping the layout really simple, here is what I came up with:
I used shades of blues as suggested in the inspiration photo at Crafts 4 Eternity  (using up a scrap piece of DP in my Patriotic folder).
For the second card, I added an arrow that is made with sequins.  I have never known what to do with this package of arrows but using it this way turned out neat. I turned the card a little so you could see the sequins on the arrow.
For both cards, I used the image from Our Daily Bread Design set "Not Forgotten" and words from  ODBD "Large Scrapbook Words".
The red piece of DP is a scrap .  I embossed the main panel with a Cuttlebug folder.

Yay !  two more cards for my OWH box.  Remember the postage rates go up Jan. 27.  Get some cards made and mailed by then.  

Challenges:
ODBD - old and new
Simon Says - black, white, splash of color
OWH ODBD - dry emboss




8 comments:

  1. These are very beautiful! Love the double stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful Marsha!! I must say thought that the layout and colors of the second with the Red, Black and White is my fave. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful!! That image is wonderful and your DPs showcase it perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are simply wonderful, fabulous image!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Marsha, the image is wonderful and I love that you've used sequins I haven't seen them used on cards very often.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha your cards look so different but with the same elements.
    I love how you use the arrow to make the seniment pop.
    Thank you for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both turned out very nice Marsha. I particularly like the blue combo. It has a nice crisp feel to it. I typically do 6 cards of each design and the initial layout design is definitely the most time consuming so doing a few at least gives me a feeling of accomplishment but has me moving on to a new one before I find myself getting bored.

    ReplyDelete