Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CASEing Myself

You know what a sucker I am for challenges so as I was going through blogs, picking up challenge ideas, I ran across one at Crafty Creations  that intrigued me - to CASE myself .  I had been wondering what card to make for my brother's birthday and I did like a card I had made in the past so that is how I came to make this one:

I used a different shade of  grass and used twine instead of ribbon. I cut the grass piece smaller than on the first card so the sentiment is placed a little different too   The first card I made several years ago is this one:



So which one do you like best?  I think I like the new one (first picture). I like the twine and the colors I used on the image are brighter.
The stamp set used is My Favorite Things

Challenges:
Digi Darla - green
Pile It On - birthdays
Craft Your Passion - odd number embellies
Crafty Cardmaker - masculine birthday 
Created With Love - anything
Really Reasonable Ribbon - green
Dutch Dare - for the boys
Craft 4 Eternity - tic, tac, toe  green, twine, metal
Great Impressions - go green

18 comments:

  1. Nice card! Love the green of it! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marsha. Lovely card and fab design. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love. Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, i like that you have used the grass as the background, thanks for joining us at CCM this week.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab 'man' card! The twine sets it off perfectly - thanks for joining us at CCM this time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card. Very manly, I am sure your brother will love it. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at
    Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute! Perfect card for a male, your brother will surely love it. Thanks for sharing with us at CreatedWithLoveChallengs
    Lisa O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I really like the idea of CASEing your own design and seeing how you can change it. The twine on the grass fits brilliantly with the gardening theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Card Makers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great! Love the sentiment with the play on words. And Yes... I am liking the new card. The twine really adds a good final touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Darla's this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love the first one the twine did it I think. Great colors as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha... love the sentiment! Thanks for playing at Craft Your Passion this week!
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. I like the twine you added this time. Thanks for playing along at Digi Darla this week.

    Emily, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!! Love the sentiment!Thanks for joining us at CYP! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for a man - thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to CASE yourself! I agree, although both are wonderful, I think a like the new one just a smidge better. Your brother will love it


    Thank you for joining our challenge at Great Impressions Stamps .

    --Cheryl--




    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a GREAT Birthday card!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO last week! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card! LOVE the lawn theme! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I prefer your new card but both are great!
    Thanks for playing along with my masculine theme at craft cardmakers challenge this week.

    Rebecca x

    http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete