Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's My Anniversary

It's my  45th wedding anniversary.  It is hard to believe.  My husband and I look at each other and ask the same question:  "How can we have been married that long?  We are not old enough!"  LOL   But, alas, we are.
So you want a few laughs?  Here is our wedding pic.


And here we are now !



These were taken just last week at my Mom's 90th birthday party. We don't have a recent photo of us together.   Maybe Hubby will agree to one soon. (That would be a great anniversary gift, Honey. Hint, Hint)

Well, enough of that torture. On to the card I made for my husband.


Isn't that a cute image?  It is a digital by MoManning.   It is colored with Prisma pencils.  The designer paper is from my new stack by Heartfelt Creation.  I cut the lattice out from a Kraft pad.  Happy Anniversary is embossed.
The inside says:
"The best thing to hold onto in this life is each other."

Now here is another card totally different and unrelated to my anniversary.

Stamp set is Our Daily Bread Designs  "Sweet Williams" .  There probably isn't any such thing as yellow sweet williams.  I've always done them in pinks purples, blues and decided to do them in yellow for fun.  Yellow and green is one of my favorite combinations.

Challenges:
Speedy TV - Spring
Our Daily Bread Designs - Spring
Timeless Tuesday - Spring
Simon Says - Spring
Paper Creators Crafts - Spring










9 comments:

  1. WOW! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Love your card. I am sending myself a note to use Mo Manning's image next year for my DH's card!
    We celebrated our 50th last August. No way we have been married that long! But child #1 (of 5) will be 50 this May. So........
    Congratulations! I love following your blog (I don't have one), as we have a bit in common. Your cards have provided lots of inspiration for my card creations. Thanks for that. Email me back if you care to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. 45 Year! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Anniv! Like both cards. The Anniv card is wonderfully colored & like the trim on the left side. The flower card has wonderful flowers & flourish appeal. Thank you for entering MFP Simple Salutations Spring challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the anniversary! My hubby and I were just saying the same thing today about how fast the time is going by. Our little grandkids are getting sooo big!
    Your cards are so pretty, I love the Mo Manning image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsome couple both then and now, congrats on the anniversary and love the Mo Manning card you made to celebrate it! Great card as is the beautiful flower one!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy anniversary! Love the wedding picture & you both look great now--definitely need a new couple picture--means so much in the future. Both cards are wonderful. I came here when I saw yours on the ODBD blog. I have Sweet William, but have never made it look like this--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 45 wonderful years of marriage, Marsha! Your Sweet Williams look fabulous in yellow. Love the layers and the dimension! What a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Shining the Light Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Anniversary! Both cards are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your anniversary!! WOW!! That is awesome! And your cards are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete