Friday, May 2, 2014

Unusual Sketch But Lovely Image

Do you ever find sketches that you want to try but they just don't turn out for you?  I lean toward symmetry so I often bomb out with offset pieces and unusual sketches.  I won't tell you how many attempts I made with this sketch, but this card turned out well enough to show you.  The image and sketch are at From the Heart.


The image, Pail of Flowers,  was colored with pencils.  The designer papers are from my stash which I have had for years.  I debated ribbon or twine but twine seems to go with the casual feel of the card.

Thanks for looking and keep crafting.

Challenges:
From the Heart - sketch
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Sister Act - anything
Stamp and Create - flowers
Brown Sugar - use 2 patterned papers


4 comments:

  1. Marsha, I also had problems with the sketch, but I skipped it **lol*** Your card is very beautiful and i like the monochromatic colors. And you did a great job with the Sketch.

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,
    Nurses must follow orders to the T. When I follow a sketch there is no artistic flair just see it do it. Your card is really very lovely and the coloring is super . Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty design, great paper choices, thanks for joining us at Brown sugar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about the others, but this one is beautiful!! I love all the red with the touch of green!

    ReplyDelete