Monday, November 23, 2015

Unusual Christmas Card

Recently I bought a Spellbinder 3-d embossing folder.  Playing around with it, I came up with this.

I wish you could see the detail in the embossing better.  It is really beautiful.
I experimented with several inks but finally used Tea Dye distress ink to first ink the embossing folder  and then run it through the Cuttlebug with a piece of Buff Ivory in the inked folder.  A Copic #E70 gave similar color to the berries and pine cones after it was embossed.  There are so many colors of twine in the Kraft Outlet store.  I love the Earth Hemp Cord and used two strands to wrap around and tie a bow.  The base of the card is Light Kraft. 
The challenge at the Kraft Journal is CAS Christmas card.  Give it try this week.  We would love to see your entries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment