Monday, March 14, 2016

St. Patty's Day

Each year I make ONE St. Patrick's Day card.  For some reason my daughter loves that day (even though we are not Irish). So I make her a card and usually use some funny Irish "blessing".  When I saw the inspiration photo at Paper Sweeties, I knew that was the "blessing" for this year.
So here is the card I came up with:
using the sketch at MFT:
This card went together quickly because the strips are perforated strips from a kit.  I just left them  attached to each other and glued on the whole piece. The shamrocks and far right strip are sparkly (like glitter) have a rough texture to them.  Originally I was thinking of a different coffee cup image but love this Bugaboo and thought it went with the quote better.  It is colored with Copics.  The extra shamrock is fussy cut and the foil heart was in my stash.
Here is how I printed up the quote on the inside:
The heart is stamped.




Challenges:
MFT Sketch
MFT colors
Pile It On - green + two colors (yellow and brown)
V's Sweet Ideas - lady luck
Paper Sweeties - photo inspiration
Simon Wednesday - bit of green

4 comments:

  1. Fun card! The image is cute, and the sentiment is great. So glad you joined us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is so cute! Love the sentiment! My daughter could use a card like this... in college... just finished midterms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful St. Pat's card for your daughter! Love the image and lovely green patterned papers! Awesome sentiment inside, too! Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge at Paper Sweeties this month! Please come back soon!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Marsha! Love the little bunny slippers! Thanks for sharing your work with us this month at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete