Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Daffodils and Butterflies

 I am having fun with a few of my new stamps and dies that came in the mail this past week.


The stamp is Stamploration Framed Daffodils.  The die is Birch Press, one of three butterfly cuts.
I pulled out some old designer paper, added some distress ink on the edges and on the image around the flower.
The image was cut out with a Spellbinder die - almost the same size as the framed flower but stamping the image in brown and adding some distress ink, I think the rectangle frame edges aren't very noticeable.  The next size up for the dies was too big so I traced it onto the brown Kraft and cut it out free hand.
I love daffodils and narcissus.  Every year I tell myself to plant some when I see the beautiful clumps growing in other peoples' yards, even in the fields.  Next year!

Challenges:
Crop Stop - anything
Die Cuttin Divas -Spring 
Joy Clair - anything
7 Kids College Fund - anything
Simon Wednesday - inspiration board
CardzTV- anything
Stamploration - theme and sketch

Stamploration Never-ending challenge 
Stamploration - Things with wings

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I do the same thing - trace around my dies to make a mat for my image! I love that gorgeous butterfly and your inked edges. Thanks so much for faithfully linking up to the Cropstop Challenge - it's always a pleasure to see your creativity appear in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors and the pretty design. I also love a script type BG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Cardz TV Anything Goes challenge.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love all the yellow and your bow is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Joy Clair Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Marsha! It's so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty. love the butterfly it's the perfect touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at 7kids crafting supply store
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful vintage look card. I love the colors for sure. Thank you for playing with STAMPlorations April Theme & Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete