Saturday, April 1, 2017

Garden Path of Flowers

Sometimes an idea for a card or technique for that card ends up being more work than I originally planned.  Such was the case with this card.  I used digital stamps by From the Heart, making a design similar to the sketch. The cut and place, moving images over and over for placement stretched my patience but then after printed it out, I realized I did not leave enough room at the top of the page so I had to start all over moving each section, etc!  But I really like how it turned out.  It was worth the frustrations.  Isn't she cute?

I colored this according to the optional colors listed in the FTH challenge, using Copics.   I fussy cut a few extra flowers and popped them up on dimensional tape.   The grass is a Your Next Stamp die.  The clouds are Memory Box.
Here is the sketch I used:
Challenges:
From the Heart - sketch, optional colors
Crop Stop - anything
Crafty Calendar - Spring
Joy Clair - anything
Simon Monday - things with wings
Simon Wednesday - anything
Work It Wednesday - Spring
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Deep Ocean - flowers


11 comments:

  1. How adorable Marsha! Aren't you clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, this is super sweet and a great way to use the Sketch. Very clever.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card and so beautifully coloured! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great Spring card! The girl is adorable and I love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Joy Clair April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, Marsha! Love the fussy cut flowers - little things like that really make a card pop! Thanks for linking to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! If this isn't just the cutest! Love how you have used grass and the flowers for the design element, that was super creative! (I will say that I didn't have a clue what to do with this sketch!) Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha! I love your wonderfully unique take on the sketch and how you incorporated the colors also. Thanks so much for joining us at From the Heart Stamps this week for our sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just too cute! What a smile maker!! Thank you for Joining in our Anything Goes challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever use of the sketch to make this adorable card :)
    Thank you for joining in with us at FTHS
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha... I know this feeling all too well, but you have to admit that sometimes the extra work turns out to be a very worthwhile card!! Love your take and the beautiful design of your card!! Extremely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at FTHS Sketch Challenge #168.

    ReplyDelete